Sunday, March 23, 2014

Love is weak


And I thought of you when the stars came out
And thought of you when the stars lost their shine,
I thought of you a micro second after I woke up,
And I thought of you till I lost whatever sanity was left of my mind.
I thought of you when I battled through these lonely traffic-roads,
Like I covered the distance between us, again, this time.
Funny how you lived in my heart this long yet acted unaware all this while.

And I learnt what most take forever to learn,
A diamond would be of no value to a dog,
I learnt Love is weak, It makes one weak,
It makes you your most vulnerable,
It makes you carry people with you everywhere you lead,
That my arms are heavy and my muscles bleed,
And I find myself drowning in the oceans I was never supposed to see.
They become denizens in you like the blood in your veins, 
In your heart so long they reside, It estranges you from your heart, making it a stranger to your body.

Just a bloody organ; self-destructive and weak.

2 comments: