Monday, September 3, 2012

Cage me..



We all carry, amongst us, those things,
That we do not wear for anyone to see,
They weigh us down like anchors,
They drown us down at Sea,
I carry with me, thy memories,
Of the only thing I have left of thee,
I could write you a poem,
But I am running out of techniques,
To show to you how I feel,
Why I feel what I feel.

And our hearts are like birds, born to set free,
Except now that I have found you,
And I wish I could cage your heart till eternity,
or you would cage mine and never set it free.
Unless it is to travel the distance that made fools of us,
Unless it is to land on the soil where you’ld return.

I remember you as what I last saw of you,
Those American arms that held on to me tightly as we slept,
Like they would never let me go, (but they left,)
And I quietly wondered if that was your way ,
Or did you feel pity to see me so broken to know you’ll fly away?

I remember your bukky smile,
Always made me laugh when I couldn’t help but cry,
I remember your voice, it brought happiness via Skype,
I remember that long neck, so just, fair and right,
I know now what separates us,
So shall I still miss you as a secret,
That women keep and never tell?
Or should I whatsapp you that I miss you,
and wait with baited breath to read - there's nothing you can do!

Was it so easy? 

Oh! Had it snowed here too!
Or your cold land had Equator running through,
Or Had God taught Indians the art of coldness,
of how to be practical and care less.

Oh! I still miss you, Blame it on my Indian heart,
blame it on a girl's emotional brain, blame it on your MEH-full charm,
So, maybe it will stay as a secret in me,
because maybe you are not even worth all this poetry,
You walked away! You set me free!
to silently live on when you knew you could save me,
from being weighed down whilst carrying your memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment