Monday, September 3, 2012

Pablo Neruda


"I no longer love her, true, but perhaps I love her.
Love is so short and oblivion so long.

Because on nights like this I held her in my arms,
my soul is lost without her.

Although this may be the last pain she causes me,
and this may be the last poem I write for her.” 
― Pablo Neruda


"You can cut all the flowers but you cannot keep spring from coming."
- Pablo Neruda

"And one by one the nights between our separated cities are joined to the night that unites us."
-Pablo Neruda

“Well, now
If little by little you stop loving me
I shall stop loving you
Little by little
If suddenly you forget me
Do not look for me
For I shall already have forgotten you

If you think it long and mad the wind of banners that passes through my life
And you decide to leave me at the shore of the heart where I have roots
Remember
That on that day, at that hour, I shall lift my arms
And my roots will set off to seek another land” 
― Pablo Neruda, Selected Poems

“so I wait for you like a lonely house
till you will see me again and live in me.
Till then my windows ache.” 
― Pablo Neruda, 100 Love Sonnets

“I can write the saddest poem of all tonight. I loved her, and sometimes she loved me too.” 
― Pablo Neruda


“Let us forget with generosity those who cannot love us” 
― Pablo Neruda



“Who writes your name in letters of smoke among the stars of the south?
Oh let me remember you as you were before you existed.” 
― Pablo Neruda, Twenty Love Poems and a Song of Despair



“Do tears not yet spilled wait in small lakes?” 
― Pablo Neruda

No comments:

Post a Comment