Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Good Enough



How I hate waking up to run through another day of work blues,
I bet I would love to wake up before my Alarm rings If I wake up to you,
And I would see your beautiful face and it would all be worth it..
Then I would crib about work and having to see you in 10 hours
And divide those hours and count them down,
sneak out as many texts to you without getting caught.
& then someone’s slow whispering would remind me of your “shh” in bed
Which you do while I lay restless and you are sleepy.
And someone’s joke will remind me of your face that you make
After you say something only you think is funny.
Or my favourite minute when one of my friends would say your name, and ask about you
And I will say your name two more times like it’s music and find another excuse to text you.
I might not quite know how I feel about this or about you
But I know I know you so well, I may not want to know anyone else.
I may not be quite in love with you, I can not yet vouch for my fidelity
But You got me unmatching my Tinder matches and you got me have your timezone in my phone.
Now all the boys are too short, or too indecisive, 
or don't blush with enough colour in their face.
I miss your Yes is Yes, and No is No
I miss how you can't tell I want you to call me when I tell you to- leave me alone.
I miss your Grey is Grey, there’s no other shade.
Those three words are dumb and I don’t know what they mean
But I can try to be good for you; and you are good enough for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment