Tuesday, August 19, 2014

I was Drunk


I walked on that road with you, the one I have only seen once since you shifted there.
I held your hand, I wasn’t scared of rejection, and I don’t applaud your reliability
Cuz you never had it. I did it cuz I was drunk.
I again felt like coming home; to that boy who aged too fast yet never did,
I felt like snow and fire and you throw away my cigarette cuz you cant wait to go in.
My friends thought I was dumb, to be repeating my “mistake”
But I never thought we were one, and you never thought we were anything.
Well maybe I WAS dumb, or in love.. But I like to think I was drunk.
And you kissed me, I kissed you with all of me.. my kiss saying things I never did,
you could have heard it, and you heard what you did and told me to ease it.
Funny how you always come in to prove you are suicide bomb, bag of disappointments,
Funny how long I loved you after you were gone; to have you come back just as disappointing as you had left.

Somehow I left my lockets at your place, the ones my sister sent for me,
And I thought you would be better than throwing them away or keeping them from me,
But you did… like you did to my heart.
There were signs from the start, they were in BOLD on the billboards
I jumped through them, well maybe I was blind, I like to think I was drunk.
Now you called me again, Cuz you know I will come to you from anywhere in the city
Well, I’m sober now… 
and I just realised the only real thing you ever had just died within me.

No comments:

Post a Comment