Sunday, November 20, 2011

Anything's better than a U-turn!



Dishonest people, a confused bitter year and murdered hope,
Like everyone walks in your room to lock you out the door.


So, he came in like a happy delightful environment make-over,
Like a b'ful snowy winter after terrible Indian summer,
He wore a white V-neck tee and a black pullover,
Black basket-ball shorts, maybe shoes or maybe slippers,
He walked me to his car, alas! Didn't open the door,
But I gave him extra marks for the basketball shorts he wore!


Just something about the boyish charm he possesses,
And how irresistible fine, he dresses,
How he walked me to the Grocery store,
To gemme a bottle of water and asked if I wanted something more,
And he paid as I stood next to him, brushing against his clothes,
And then we set off on the early morning empty roads.


I looked at him 4 an extra minute to figure out what's so attractive..
Is it the white tee or the drinks I had been having,
Not a second extra to let him catch me looking at him,
Not a second less to notice how perfectly torso-hugging his Tee is.


His hand rubbed against my legs as he changed the gears while he drove,
Just so it doesn't repeat, he functioned the gear-stand from below,
Obviously, I don't remember everything about the night,
Even then, reminiscing about it makes me smile,
How he drove slow and we never ran out of road,
How he didn't mention he has to go home,
And just something so fresh and nice about him,
Decent- yes! But I will not be hoping.

7 comments:

  1. Is this also the Connecticut boy?
    Stacey

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh no, this was imaginative. 2 months before I met the Connecticut guy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I almost thought the Connecticut guy sounds like someone out of a movie when I read this one. Dreamy, well written.

    ReplyDelete