Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Unrequited Love..



I try forgiving but I just can’t forget..
the dust of the past doesn’t seem to rest..
Sometimes we just can’t learn from our mistakes
Sometimes all one thinks about is the one that got away.

And I know you waited for something better but there came no change,
And the light of hope in the tunnel turned out to be the head lights of a train.
You turned out to be the sweetest guy but it was too fictional for me to take,
How can we work this out, with my heart full of ice, and yours full of pain.

Every time you get me flowers, I never care to take them along,
I leave them in the lane or I drop them on the road,
Does not mean I don’t appreciate them ..
But I just cant put myself in trouble at home.
You love me and you show it, but I never take your phone,
I try everytime to like you but I am so better off alone.

Its not my fault though, I am just not the one you should have found,
I know I agreed to be your girlfriend twice, and then I turned you down,
I have lost all butterflies to wanna kiss anybody anymore unless I’m 4 beers down,

You sweet-talk to me all evening, at night you ask me out on your knees,
You tell me that you miss me and you have to ask me to repeat,
You look into my eyes romantically, but so much cheesiness scares me.


5 comments:

  1. You will move on dear..you are stronger than many I know! By the way..I am Saniya Sharma..I hope, you can place me now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. To leave flowers n the lane or I drop them on the road, doesnt sounds good at all. Why so much sadness???
    You seem to have a good thing by what I've read so far.
    Stacey

    ReplyDelete
  3. old poem. It comes from a point of time in my life when I was cold and believed either you break hearts or you get your's broken, choosing the former.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The former is always a good choice

    ReplyDelete