Friday, January 17, 2014

Delightedly Blind


Course I lost myself in those eyes, 
course I struggled with my cynicism and lost my mind,
Wrote you so many songs, although they called me blind,
So maybe I wasn't really blind?
I never would have given in to anybody less than a hero,
But you were never less than one,
I don’t know, so now, what is this feeling that I’m feeling,
Like maybe we are just done.

One second you are the one for me, one second forever-s are a fucking joke,
But every day, since June, came in with your name 
and every night bid farewell thinking of you.
Maybe cynicism bit me in the skull, maybe I lost the ability to love
Maybe my powers gave up to those overwhelming emotions?
Feels like a pessimist’s faith in the silver lining would have lasted longer
Longer than my trust in you, look what fool I made of us..

You are the one that detrimentally drives me crazy, unaware
and promotes me to fall sleep, as you play with my hair,
But I would be even crazier… I would be worse than out of my fucking mind
If I let you go.. if I let you go with some girl you find.

Cuz then who knows how she would treat you?
I can't let you go through that 
Forgot to tell you, Today I got a phone call.. God was on the line
He said to let you know that He told me, You are mine,
You are the one with little or no compassion to my sufferings,
But you are the one that enlightens me 
when you make me delightedly blind.

No comments:

Post a Comment