Saturday, February 11, 2012

When Romeo & Juliet died...

(Attempt at writing from the guy's side)


Since the time we had, could be counted on our fingertips,
It always made you cry, but you would rather try to smile with your lips,

but tonight, You turned your back to me, as we sleep,
I know it’s killing you that I move out in 2 days time,
You act like you have slept; with your mouth full of sighs,
with your hand next to your face, and not mine!

I know you're awake 'cause you shake when you cry,
and the hand next to your face kept to silently wipe your tears dry,
It surprises me how emotional you are, so I'll hold you tight,
as you secretly pray to the Sun to take longer today to rise!
I know why you are hiding your tears,
as you lay here trying to turn the hands of time,
Because you feel I’ll find you weird,
To be burning hot in emotions for someone so cold inside.


I dont know what scares you so much,
You once said, you are scared that this big world will swallow me,
I think it's cause you feel that we just got here,
and it's already time for me to leave,
and then you will have to over-think who am I with,
or are you scared cause you think you will find a better me?

But, You should know,
I wont be here to hold you when you will be upset,
And the last I shall be here is tomorrow,
And this pain would rise in you, every time the Sun would set,
And you will have to deal with it alone.

Honestly, I don't know What am i supposed to do 
when tears in your eyes,
Are more than the stars in the sky,
with more melancholy in your forced smiles,
Than there were when Romeo & Juliet died...

1 comment:

  1. Romeo And Juliet can never die..they remain immortally etched in our hearts!

    ReplyDelete