Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Stuff She wrote...


I read a poem today, I had read it many times before,
Strangely, this time each word made sense to me, a lot lot more,
It was from a girl to a boy who had to go,
Made her feel lonely and forlorn, And I felt it was written by me…

She wrote - everything reminds her of him,
Dips in the roads, the colours he wore,
The way he drove, the few words he always spoke,
when she saw pics of people skiing in the snow,
I decided she was forcing herself to think of him,
But am I forcing myself to think of you?
Would you be here if I want you to?
I am scared of your answer, so don’t say anything,
We will die pretending you never read this, believe me.

She wrote she saw him in every person, every space,
was like being reminded of him despite his absence, every day,
I felt she wasn’t yet ready to accept that he had gone away,
But if I wanna see you, and I close my eyes, will you be there?
I am not even asking you to come all the way,
It seems so long, I'm afraid Im forgetting the features of your face,
Cause lately, you have even forgotten the way to my dreamland,
But it’s a lot easier waking up now than it was with you in them,
I know now why they call Americans - "stones",
no other country(men) would mean to them than their own,
Haah I am sure a Japanese would be a lot less cold,
In this age, only Americans have the audacity,
to steal your valuables entering your territory!!!

Anyway, and then she wrote 
she wants to lose this feeling of hoping
to see his name in every notification on her phone.
and that she feels she knows everything,
other than how to forget him in a heart's beating,
like how he had an unbiased take on everything,
how he would open doors for her first, to let her in,
And I could relate to it so perfectly,
That I felt it was written by me..
Or maybe it was written by me!
And I wanna stop writing these stupid posts,
Cause I don’t want this anymore,
I just hope it's nice for us this way,
I hope to forget you just as much as I wish you had stayed,
So, I hope you bump into a weird Indian chic one day,
and something makes you wish  -  for a change
in timezone, place and the weather,
and be here one day, in your grey sweater... =)

2 comments: