Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Playing Hearts With Me.




And tonight I’m sitting in my room
While my friends are wondering what to do
With me.
You were a heart collector, placin’ them like trophies
On top of your bar,
I wish I knew,  I’ld have never let you play hearts
With me.
You were a ball of regrets,
But I was waiting on the rare moments
When you  gave me happiness,
I forgot who I was, never knew who you are or
That you were not meant to be
With me.

You made me live a double life,
One was wondering what’s happening,
One was half alive,
I waited too long on a phone call,
That would have lit fireworks in my eyes
But you chose the cold side of otherwise.

Sometimes I cant help wondering,
If you still are as important, to someone, as you were to me,
I hope you are.
You still are a pretty person that one can’t trust too far,
Chasing my heart, Dancing with my heart,
Running away to place it as another trophy on your bar,
While I was wishing you’d run away,
With me.

You weren’t close to what I wished you’d be
But I never complained cuz then I never wanted anyone else,
You did well with the few scars wherever you got a chance to leave,
I can tell what it felt, leaning in to kiss u, with a smile,
But I can also sketch down the hurt and disappointment,
You gifted me everyday wishing id have never succumbed to your lies.

What’d I do, I still don’t know honestly,
If you again decide to play hearts


With me.

No comments:

Post a Comment