Saturday, October 5, 2013

How do you know?




How do you know when you are over someone?
I guess when you can’t trust them as far as you can jump,
I am so bad at my discernment to discover attachments,
It really got me making a fool of us.
Do you think you are over someone?
When they make you feel shy when they are alone with you,
But going public with them only brings a fear of remorse,
Damn! Its like we got us wringing dry clothes.

It’s like I can’t tell ten things about you that made me smile,
It’s like we are running out of every excuse to give this another try.
And now I see clearly all the times you broke my heart,
And then manipulated me into believing it was always my fault.
We have made up 10 times and broken 100,
I am fucking numb.
I don’t even know which your real face is,
Or if it’s something you’ve become.
I met you more in the poems in my Word sheet,
alongwith the things I couldn’t say or things I couldn't feel,
How do you know you are over someone?
Or is it just another mistake?
How do you tell them it’s over?
When you could be wrong again?

Everytime I need you, You aren’t there,
Everytime I’m requesting, you are deaf from ears,
Everything I would do for you,
If you had to do it for me – you couldn’t care.

What if you can store their number and not be worried to drunk dial?
What when you store their number with the name of a happy character?
So it doesn’t bring back negative memories in your mind?
What now you can sail away without the memories being an anchor?
It’s like knowing two people,
And I m bloody running out of reasons
To keep this alive,
I guess I AM over you,

I guess it’s a goodbye.

1 comment:

  1. Bloody brilliant!!!

    Feel your feelings and move on to finding and expressing the positive creativity you have been gifted with. Pathos is not the only thing you can express.

    ReplyDelete