Sunday, October 13, 2013

You Don't Care, Girl



Tell me that you don't care, girl
Makes you feel you got a grip?
Push away your urge to text me,
Makes you feel pretty perfect?
Then get drunk one night and become an emotional wreck
Go ahead build your walls so high
That I confuse it for a fortress
Well I don't know what hurt you,
and I don't want to.
All I know is I am not leaving 
and I am not going to let you.

So come on in and let me in too,
You have been running from feeling for so long,
I wonder if you even remember you can stop?
And I know I don't know 
what has killed you from the inside,
and I am not giving up tonight 
or any day of this life.
So break it down, break it down
all these walls that you built around
or I will have to dig a tunnel
and I shall meet your softer side somehow.

You come over and you kiss me,
and then vanish for a week,
You say "C u soon" and then take forever,
Sure it makes you feel like you got your act together.
But you can stay here, you don't have to go,
You like to feel in control when you bolt.
You act like you are Ice cold, like you are a fucking tiger,
but girl, this ain't no fight and baby u ain't no fighter.
You need to know there's a reason feelings are meaningful,
all of those songs aren't lies,
So let me see your vulnerable,
Let me see beneath your "I-Don't-Care" smiles.

No comments:

Post a Comment