Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Power-play


Well, You could run all you want,
Because you’ll be wasting your time.
You begin to insult me 
when you begin expecting your name on my life.
I am not ruthless, but it’s a very interesting type.
I am definitely not the stupid girl you leave 
hoping she’ld be holding her breath too engaged in finding where your heart hides,
waiting on the suffering your mardiness begets, waiting for your name on her mobile.
You should know I am better than that,
Better than being all about some guy,
I don’t know what part of “I’m scared of attachments” Men fail to understand,
But isn’t comprehending emotions something they fail at all the time?

They think they have the upper hand, 
Cuz their emotions run out of the window
As soon as someone knocks on their door, 
But baby I’m not like most of the girls you know,
I just want the bright lights all the time,
Unlimited beer and my girls, with my feelings in my hand,
and heart protected with quadruple barb-fenced wire.
I'm sorry if I'm just as cold & calculated as you. 
That I can just turn my feelings on & off & throw 'em away a 1000 miles,
Expected emotions from the wrong girl, didn’t you?


It’s a sick game of power play that I play,
punishing you for making me feel like I could feel for you,
So, I lead you on and disappear when you are knocking at my door,
It’s sick game of feeling love and feeling control,
You take back one step baby, And I’ll run back a hundred more. 
My dog plays with squirrels for hours before killing it,
And once he has succeeded in this natural victory,
He doesn’t even go close to it, doesn’t even look in it’s direction,
Once it's dead the fun's over, & I’m not the squirrel in this story.

No comments:

Post a Comment