Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Catch 22



I'm in constant battle with what's right and what's wrong,
A constant battle between my self-righteous mind and To-fuck-with-right heart.


You had me by the bell, black dolls, spells and candles.
and I was hanging there by your every word, every memory,
that would get me through.
You were as unreliable as someone who'ld leave at the altar.
Got me thinking why was I even attracted to you? 
You had me hanging from your hands on a 123rd floor's balcony,
and just kept muttering the words "It's time you fall for me, boo".
Maybe I had turned into a masochist, just attracted to the blues.

Cuz you were a broken window on a February night, 

had me shivering in the cold from the night and your soul.
You were an empty pistol amidst a downtown fight, 

had me waiting on strangers to save my life & bones.

With all of that, I still miss who you were,
When you weren't all of this that you came around to be,
Maybe we should have begun on one of the days in leap years,
The days that never exist cuz we weren't either meant to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment