Saturday, September 17, 2011

The French Guy!




There is something magical about tonight
Something about that left raised eyebrow
Something about that cold-beer dimpled-smile
Something that he does to my knees, something to my mind
A little to my heart, a lot to my universe
Even more I am sure he does to all those girls

the crowd moves around and I can feel his presence
he talks to another girl, so I talk to another guy
but I feel complete for he is around
With his sexy smile and left raised eyebrow

He makes his way past the crowd to me
And tells me “How many guys are you talkin to in here”
Or something like that, cuz da moment he spoke everything blurred
I couldn’t hear a word his beautiful mouth occured
Don’t know whether to blame the noise or the drinks
Or my continuous amusement of whether he is a reality
He talks to me about his life
And I don’t think I looked anywhere but those eyes
I tell him I am not ready to date another one of the losers
And he calls them “dickheads”, Oh! He makes it sound like “Rose-bed”
He tells me he doesn’t wanna be in a relationship, also
And suddenly I m praying he changes his mind the first thing tomorrow

Oh! You can’t blame me
blame his dreamy voice and his French chivalry
Those sweep me out of time when he stands there infront of me
Or  blame the way he kisses me
Or how his stubble feels against my back
Maybe his way of talking so soft and slow,
Or his knowledge about the way to my dreamland
The way he texts me next morning asking if I am hungover
his non-chalant countenance or the stolen kiss
It would be here, right now, if there were any bliss.

And he looks around on the floor, they don’t dance
They drop n break the vodka-sprinkling glasses
Like they break hearts
Callous and unconcerned right from the start
I didn’t see if they broke glasses anytime
I was so lost in my mind
I was so lost in his eyes

When I take off my heels, he gives me his arms as support
He tells me to stay close for there is broken glass on the floor
Ah! And the way he runs his fingers when he holds my hand
I knew I had met a lot of guys but tonight I met a man!

7 comments: