Monday, September 26, 2011

Was not like the movies!


I had seen all those movies,
Had learnt the expressions by heart,
Would have played it with ease,
Had they given me the main lead’s part!
but then they did not!

Had read Mills & Boon even more,
I behaved just like them, even the way I swore..
I knew what was gonna come and how shit would roll,
Just Cupid had to draw back his bow and let his arrow go,
but then Cupid would not..

It wasn’t like the movies, not even close,
There was no rain, not that I can think of,
And when it did rain, I don’t remember dancing with him
Or which “him” is the right H.I.M, I don’t even know!
Nor did the rain soak through my clothes,
Nor in the background did the music play,
Nor did he run after me when he hurt me and I stormed away,
Nor did we sit down as the Moon watched us below ,
as we watched it sail over our shadows,
He didn't stand outside my house throwing pebbles at my window,
He didn't do what lovers do, well maybe thats fiction.
So yes, he chose not..


1 comment: