Saturday, February 26, 2011

Break Hearts like breadsticks!

 Heyyy
I am writin this one as if I am writin a letter to someone… =)
Well! There are a few Things I need to do, by the end of 3 years… of which 1 would be in college.
Before that, I just wanna talk about this character.. cuz I just watched Pride and Prejudice – the keira knightly one. And  you know it’s a little co-incidental or celestially hinted but.. the first time I read this novel, it did not feel like it was the first time I read it… and Elizabeth Bennet did not startle me or impress me as an unconventional lady of her time as it did to my colleagues and professors. 
I felt that’s how a girl should be, that’s how any female should be. I already was that, and I still am. 
She is smart, witty, brave, independent.
She is personally proud of her mental quickness (Just like Me, cuz i keep tellin assholes that they should know I am pretty sharp and i get what they do at my back!) and her acuity in judging the social behaviour and intentions of others.
 She is strong enough to stand for herself with the strongest powers against her.. and can pretty much scare the authorities, whoever they maybe. 
And that scares the normal lot of ordinary men, but then who wants to be with the ordinary men?? 
Not me, Not Lizzy! We have our Mr. Darcy somewhere.

I remember there was this time… I broke up with a guy texting “I cant date u cuz u r rich.” 
And of course he saw my disappointment and said "No.. I am poor."
But anyway I saw the same shit in the movie… it never fails to amaze me how similar we are… and it amazes me even more for she is the only such character and is regarded as the most admirable and endearing of Jane Austen's heroines and the most beloved in British literature.. and she is popular cuz people think she is different from the female specie.. but that’s wrong, cuz honestly! Every girl should be like that.. proud enough of herself and amiable but proud! 
You don’t need to be pretty or rich by birth or fortune or connections, to be proud of yourself.. you just need to value yourself cuz u r worth it. And you don’t need any of all of that to feel happy. You just need confidence and that comes when you know you are so different from others. And I always you knew I was.. always. But I never looked down on anyone, maybe cuz they looked happy, loud and normal… but they looked the same.. thought the same.. stuck up on materialism. They measured people and weighed them on their world-o-meter, they would rather be judgmental than let it pass by, they would rather care about their car or something materialistic than someone whose emotions they are treading on after knowing their position, which is right on them as they walk on.
Well! I have seen this world enough .. and I would not judge them cuz they are all the same.. all of them.. they are on the same page, same level.. they make themselves happy by telling themselves how better they are.. by this or that, in this or that. But trust me, they are but ONE with difference of name and face.. but their hearts are all same. Lucky them, if they had hearts in place of their face, you might not even wanna sit with them… cuz their hearts are dirty-looking… and someone might be faceless (Read heartless) !
So how do you tell a good guy from the bad?
The truth from the lies?
The ONE from all the others?
Guess, we don’t know. And guess we actually, totally do!
I know.. and I am just 21. It’s a pretty young age for that.. and I cant be happier. I am not letting an asshole walk into my life to turn it upside down.. I wont. I am starting to fit in so well in my couch called life.. and Iam settling all the things in my room… my life looks perfect.. I am gonna be interning with HT Media – marketing side from this week.. I am downloading movies, staying up late watching them, reading romantic novels, sneaking in Lazy everynight, sneaking him out before anyone wakes up, hanging out with friends, laughing, dreaming… I wont let anyone , ANYONE break this.
I digress..
So, Have you ever been lied to by someone you trusted completely?
And have your little heart thrown out and shoved back down into your throat?
Guess, we all have.. by one or many.. every now and then. It’s a game! You are either playing it or being played. You know which side should you be at! I am not even saying anything!! :P
 And it just sucks how many people do we fall for before we actually find the one.. But I think when someone turns out to be completely different than what you thought… it does not really count! So you actually fell for someone you thought them to be, not for them!
Anyway, I have to accomplish quite a few things before the next three years.
1.       Horse Riding.. its just a Victorian, Elizabethan Era that’s got into me.. and I always wanted to be a jockey.. and braid my horse’s hair.
2.       Belly- Dancing.
3.       Be a more confident corporate chic in my field.
4.       Buy my car… that (fingers crossed) would be a BMW (even if its 3series.. m pretty happy with that too =) )
5.       Be a smarter, happier, nicer person.
6.       DON’T DATE. If he is THE ONE for you… you wont be able to resist him, anyway.. the whole weak knees, heart playing hopscotch thing would make sense.  
You can always not be a prisoner to urges but u cant help being a prisoner to Mr Darcy :P .
And if he is not.. he would let you go.. he wont care. Cheap guys have eyes on more than 1 chic at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment