Sunday, March 13, 2011

Thanks for Callin'


It’s a rainy day, chilly air all around
I drive my car out.. wipin' the rain,
drawing an 11 on the ground

 I don't like these emotions, all this pain. 
U deluded me in 2 believing “2 is better than one”
& then put me on to iron balls n chains

I am happy now..
M sure God is happy with me all da more!
For now, there is one less person whom I pray for
1 less person who made me sick every hour
1 less person 2 ask for, from a shooting star



More secrets than clothes, U kept
Met as strangers, as strangers we left.


The first month was torture
I didnt think about anytin, but u with her
But Days got better with runnin time
Earlier when I loathed u, 
now despised . 


Went to a bar, frisked everyone for your face.
Reminisced about u, at the smell of the rain.
Looked at the sky for u, when I sat in a plane
Wondered who you r with, at 2:58


I had forgotten all of it
when u picked up ur fone n called
i thought twice before i attended
but intrigue hit me like a dart


"Hey! Whatsup? Isnt it a little late 4 a night?

........No! Its cool, I don’t mean to fight.
I don’t even know what 2 say.. its been awhile
Wow! I m not even sure its ur voice.. kinda hard 2 recognize

Funny there was a time
when I knew no bliss
For I knew that I didn’t know
 how to be someone u'l miss

Btw, Did I forget all my miseries..so u can walk away
and disturb my peace of mind, Mr I-like-the-Chase?
U know They said - Time would heal me..
But thoughts abt u wr fuckin my head

Then I Started behaving like a zombie,
when I used 2 behave like deads. 

Anyway, how have you been?
And I wonder why have you called 
Cuz  I hate to say - what I will
But I am seeing someone now"

Sure U didnt like the sound of it
And I have no time 4 jerks
I decided I wud rather hang up
So I cheerfully faked once-true words
"Thanks for Callin'.. It was nice talkin' !"

Sure, The first month was a torture
I didnt think about me, i thought about her
Sure, Days got better with time
but guess, with u ... it went otherwise

Cuz u called me when i have nearly forgotten ur face.
She must hav left u for some1 who gives flowers, not pain!
blocked ur number n took off on a plane
n thats y u r here.. callin me at 2:58

10 comments:

  1. conscience, perhaps?? or perhaps some dont change...!

    :/

    ReplyDelete
  2. This poem has alot of my favourite lines which i regret didnt come to my mind. each para has my favourite 2 lines, which are very nicely expressed. the first one wud be abt God feeling gud dt u wud pray 4 one person less..and den so on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think a man in love would do something like this. I can imagine you must have felt terrible. This is horrible to feel. Just horrible.
    Stacey

    ReplyDelete
  4. Did you manage to get over it and get over him?
    I can completely relate to this. I got broken up with this way 2 weeks ago.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Umm took like a year... but I am strong as a horse now! and reallly happy to be out of him! My sympathies to the girl he is with right now!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW. that bad huh.. He surely must have tried to win you back cause you were being so strong

    ReplyDelete
  7. By the way, where did u get my blog link from?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am following you on twitter

    ReplyDelete